Friday, July 14, 2006

The Magic of Three!!!


This beautiful photograph is taken by Ann, a Taiwanese friend of mine, during her visit to the beach.
I was strangely attracted to the uncanny symmetry in the picture.
Wise Men say that an idle brain is devil's workshop. And idle as I am on a Sunday, I start my random and weird musings... I start picturing the same image with 4 gorgeous legs....Nah!! The allignment is not proper...
There is something really magical and strange about the number three...
"Three" for me symbolizes Stablilty..
When you want to keep your camera steady what does one use? Well, of course; A tripod...Not a quadrupod...not a pentapod....but a tripod.
What do you need to draw a star...You need two triangles.
There are a lot of references in the Bible of the number three..e.g. 3 temptations of Jesus Christ, The Holy Trinity, On the third day Jesus rose again...

Some historians say that the number three indicates completeness and is superlative—a thing is entirely what it is said to be. Like say, a person dead three days is definitely dead. Someone who is worshipped as thrice holy is perfectly holy.

And its not that three is always associated with the good always....You would already know that "Two is company...Three is crowd"...


I don't what I have jotted down...I am pretty much sure that this is not going to make a good read...

Have a great week ahead folks...
Cheers.


P.S> There is also the nursery rhyme "Three Blind Mice".... ~_~
"Three blind mice, three blind mice,
See how they run, see how they run,
They all ran after the farmer's wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a thing in your life,
As three blind mice? "




4 comments:

Ritu said...

funny I have a similar picture too...of three feet...LOL!

Rosh said...

And I thought Ann was the only one with such a creative mind ;¬)
Shame on me!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Three _left_ feet, at that :) . Nice post.

Wierd thing is, this is the first thing that I remembered when I read the word "tripod": http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4689702744728740652&q=scary+movie+4+trailer

Rosh said...

Tr-IPOD killing people....Great imagination...Ha ha ha ;¬)