Monday, July 10, 2006

Ma - The strongest woman in the world


My mom is my Life ... my Inspiration ... my All!!!
She has mentored me throughout my life and will continue to do so evermore.
Well, truly speaking she is the strongest woman I have ever set my eyes upon, in the whole wide world.
I can still recall the morning of 24th September '03, the day that turned the life of my family upside down.
That was the day when I was supposed to leave back to Bangalore after having spent over a week with my parents.


Onam, the harvest festival of the Keralites, fell on the 24th of Sep '03.
Well there was no celebration for us, coz dad met with an accident the day before.

None of the Hospital staff... Doctors... Friends... Relatives, none of them had any hope that my dad would survive.
To tell the truth, after witnessing the condition of my dad even my mind was clouded with fearful thoughts... The only hope that I could see was in my Mom's eyes.
She believed that my dad would survive.

Such was the seriousness of the injury that even the doctors refused to operate on my dad unless we sign a paper that stated that if anything bad happens during the surgery they would not be held responsible.
I overheard people talking to my Mom and telling her that I should be made aware of the situation.
All of them believed that if my dad were operated on, he would never come out of the O.T. alive.
And my Mom, brave as she is, shielded me from all there painful words that I was just a kid.
A kid!!!! I was $$$**££ 23 years old, but I never bore the responsibility that I should have.
During that phase, and even now, my mom shouldered all the responsibilities.

She took command of our family and never lost her faith. She sometimes cried alone but almost never when we were near her. Even her faith must have been challenged at times, but she never lost hope.
She tended my dad, day and night!!
After being on an artificial respiration machine for over a month, my dad finally breathed by himself.
Even the doctors admitted that the recovery was nothing short of a miracle… and that it was due to the constant care administered by my Mom.

Our God, who works wonders, gathered our broken family together and gave us all a new lease of life.
By God's grace, my dad is well. Even though he is not physically and mentally a 100%, but we still thank God for whatever blessings he has bestowed upon us.

When others try to imagine how God would look like, I close my eyes and imagine my Mom. She is the closest to God that I can get.

I still feel sometimes that I never thanked my Mom as much as I should have done...
Thank you Mom, for being the backbone of our family. Thanks for giving me courage and strength when I needed it most.

To the best Ma in the world...I Love You.


2 comments:

Ritu said...

Thats such a wondeful tribute to your mom Roshan! Its like the verse in Proverbs 31...'her husband and her children will call her blessed.' It is a privilege to have parents tht are God fearing and leave their kids a legacy of unshakable faith in their God! God bless!!

Anonymous said...

No wonder mothers are always said to be gods..
cheers to the woman of strength.