Friday, July 14, 2006

The Genius..


It is really funny how the dumbest guy in the class would inevitably be labelled as the "Genius".
BTW, Yours truly has never been the "Dumbest Guy".... But people have addressed him as "The Genuis".
Well, the saying goes that Genuis is what Genius does!!
So the question that arises now is "What the $$$$ did I do to get labelled as a genius"?
Let me think!!! ( I am scratching my head now. )
Well I don't remember!!
Yours truly has been called by other names too. "Mamu", being the silliest of them all.
For the ignorant:
"Mamu" is slang for an indian constable(generally imagined to be in a half pants). Another relation of the word "mamu", is to "Shakuni Mama". The most cunning and shrewdest guy in the whole of Hindu Mythology.
This is a perfect example of sheer misunderstanding. I have never had a liking to half pants, nor was I half as cunning as "Shakuni".
Fact~ Keralites are assumed to be cunning.

But guys you need to understand that I am a fraud Mallu. I have never stayed in Kerala. I do not understand perfect Malayalam. I speak in a language which I classify as "Something like Malayalam". Maybe the guys who gave me this weird nickname need to enlighten me.

Now coming back to the nick that I like the most - "The Genius"
After 10 minuts of scratching my head...and another 15 minutes of sulking, I am now resigned to the fact that it was the case of " Apne muh aap miya mithu ".
Oh My God! I am a Self Proclaimed Genius ;¬(

Cheers.

P.S> The photo is of a cool dude named "Caliq", son of one of my friends bro. Sorry dude, I should have taken your consent before publishing your photo. But I guess you don't mind. All the gals who go thru my blog will definitely drool over you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...all the gurls who go thru ur blog will definitely drool over tht cute lil baby. So this is wht u do to get ur readership up, eh Roshan? j/k ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest pic by far in ur blog;-)

Rosh said...

Hi anon.
I think you forgot to complete the statement.

Let me add...

That is the cutest pic by far in ur blog "apart from you, of course!!"

Cheers. ;¬)

Anonymous said...

Rosh, can you please translate the phrase "Apne muh aap miya mithu" for me?

Rosh said...

Hi Anon:

For reference plz read http://accounts-of-the-lonely-traveller.blogspot.com/2007/03/tagged-why-i-am-way-i-am.html

When one boasts/speaks highly about oneself he is said to 'apne muh aap miyan mithu'