Saturday, July 01, 2006

Love (F)Actually !!! ;¬)


Following are some facts about love which I have come across in various magazines, articles as well as interaction with other people.


a> Love is a profound feeling of CARING about someone or something.

b> Lust is not a part of Love. If you Lust then its definite that you do not love.

c> Love is always about Trust.

d> Sacrifice is a part of Love. But, if someone asks you to sacrifice something for the sake of Love, then its not love at all..

The most famous chapter on love in the Bible is from 1 Corinthians. Here it goes:

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:1-13)


I am not a wise man, but let me answer what Love means to me:

"I love my Family. It is the one thing that I can sacrifice my life for without even blinking an eyelid. I feel comforted in their midst.
I love God. I trust him with my life. There has never been an obstacle that my loving Lord has not cleared away. Sometime I ask...but most often he does it even before I turn to him...
I have had lot of romantic crushes, but just one that I can classify as love coz I felt great when I was with her. She was so caring.
So, just to summarize, Love is the feeling of great Comfort, Trust and Caring that can make you happy whenever you are sad....that can motivate you whenever you are disheartened...that can fill your life with fragrance when the whole world is reeking of filth"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Lust is not a part of Love" I completely disagree with this.Maybe like u are sounding like the good old Indian guy!!
If it was not there then u and i would not be here in the first place;-)
as love is a feeling lust is also a feeling.But lust is always that should be the one that makes the relationship strong.Its never the beginning .may be the feeling just comes when u deeply feel for someone it does not come with every other person we meet every other day!!
Just a different view point.

Rosh said...

As I mentioned, these few comments were taken from some articles that i had come across ;-)...
But I seem to firmly believe that if something starts with lust, then it is not love at all.
Love may be made stronger by lust, but its definitely not the initiator.
However every person is entitled to his/her own views, so lets not fight over this. ~_~
Thanks for your comments anyways.

Cheers!