Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Cricket Shiket Haye Rabba...


After coming to London, I have developed a greater passion of the Gentleman’s Game, “Cricket”.

Maybe the proximity to Lords, the Mecca of Cricket, is influencing me.
One of my close friends, a superb cricketer, once remarked that I had the mind of a cricketer and not the body… I still can’t get over it. ;¬(
But anyways, last Sunday we played a lot of cricket… (Basically a toned down British version of our very own desi gully cricket).

Talking of Cricket, reminds me of some of the now world famous Siddhuisms…

• “The ball went soooooo high up in the air that it kissed an air-hostess on its way back.”

• “He will fight a rattlesnake and give him the first two bites!”

• "Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than what they hide."

• “In London they drive on the left, in India we drive on what is left!”

• “You got to choose between tightening your belt or losing your pants.”

• “Nobody travels on the road to success without a puncture or two.”

• “The Indian team without Sachin is like giving a kiss without a squeeze.”

• “The Only Thing You Get in Life without Trying is dandruff.”

• “You cannot make Omelettes without breaking the eggs.”

You may find more of these if you just run a search for “Siddhuism” on Google Search.

This morning, during breakfast, I was going through some articles in CricInfo.com and I came across another Siddhuism:

“If One Day Internationals are "Pyjama" Cricket the 20-20 competitions is "Chaddi" cricket…”

I shudder to think what Siddhu ji would say about our version of Gully Cricket.???
(I may be giving some great ideas to the Playboys and the Hustlers…. Or, maybe they have done this already.)

PJ, I know...

Cheers!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»