Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Luncheon...(The La Tasca Story)


Couple of weeks back I went to a Mexican resturant called Chillies and that brought back some memories of my luncheon at La Tasca ...


I could have named this post as "Close encounter with the snails and mussels!!!" but that sounded like a cheap Z-grade movie title.
So what are we waiting for? Let's start with "The Luncheon".

I have always been a fan of Mexican food...The food looks so delicious and appealing...
I am especially fond of fajitas...

But, that Sunday, I opted for the more exotic "Paella Valenciana", a Seafood plus Chicken Paellas. Little did I know that seafood need not necessarily mean fish.
We were served a large bowl of paellas with a combination prawns, squid, mussels, snails, monkfish & tuna...Mussels & Snails !!!
Oh My God!! What did I get myself into?

Couple of guys who had opted for a more common Vegetarian option were laughing at my plight. Having waited for over an hour for our food, we hogged on whatever was served.
With a fake enthusiasm, I tried to gather as many chicken pieces as possible from the wierd mix of sea food.
But on second thought, the food was not that bad. ;¬) And it was FUN.

Have a great meal folks!!!
Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Roshan this reminds me of my experiment with Chinese food....I have tried it once and never again.......btw did you know that Eva Longoria is also a Mexican....I don't like Mexcian food but Eva any day....;)

MT.....