Sunday, October 01, 2006

Achcha Ullu banaya na?


I dunno why, but today I am reminded of a prank that couple of my friends and I played on some unsuspecting friends from college. It was the time of Cricket World '03, with peoples daily routine being watching, speaking and thinking about the outcome of each and every match.
At the stroke of midnite, we used to call unsuspecting friends from a newly acquired mobile connection, by the name of "Midnite Raffles!!". Asking them random and often wierd questions that crossed our mind, finally promising them a World Cup ticket in return.
Many fell to this trick, the most notable among them being "J" Boss(a.k.a. The Mastermind). We I heard a rumour that he even visited the website we had suggested to claim his prize. We did make an "Ullu" out of him.
On the similar lines, we tried to play the same prank on another friend from Bangalore. And unluckily it turned out that his sister who had come to visit them from Singapore was using the phone. We woke her up at midnite, asked her wierd questions like "Did mobile phones come first or did Sim cards?" ;-0
It was only late in the call that I realized that it was not a "Dude" but a "Dudette"!!!
Lucky for us that she didn't call the cops on us!!

Divine justice, I would say. I think I got what I deserved!!

Maine us din Zindagi ko door khade muskurate hua dekha!!

Maine poocha ki aise kya ghoor rahi hai? And sarcastically, she smiled and replied : "Achcha Ullu banaya na? "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... I remember that one!!!! :) You're also lucky that the "friend from Bangalore" didn't crush you to death - with those huge musclular arms of his!!! :D

Rosh said...

:-0

Glad that he did not use them.....
(the muscular arms of his)

You woulnd't be reading this then :-)

Cheers!