Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Few things that I don't understand...

I took this photograph during the `Fun Quay Beach Weekend` during the summer. The carnival was zimbly awesome! There was this couple that performed some circus tricks that really left all spectators spellbound.

Did you note something peculiar about the pics? See how the roles have interchanged between the images! Well it reminds me of the currents times when both the sexes are thought of as EQUALS. All this is perfect!!! But.....

As they say : "There is always a BUT!!"

I don't understand the following:

Women say they should be treated as equals, however they fight to secure a reservation wherever they can!!!

If "Ladies first" doesn't apply anymore, why is it that they stare at you if you get in the lift before them?

Nobody has any problems if the so called "weaker sex" stares at us!!

Ladies, If you have read this, please don't be offended!

P.S>
Being ignorant as I am , there is a lot of stuff that I dont understand, and one of them is WOMAN.I cannot understand what goes thru their minds.. Why can't their thoughts be a simple as ours? I cannot understand their tantrums (Pssst : I am also accused of being Moody!!)..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not getting offended just trying to present a different picture-

1) Woman dont understand men either.They are as complicated as they(men) imagine woman to be.
2)Reservations are becoming necessary beacuse men just dont like to give up esp to a "woman". small ex i dont know how much sense it would make in this context- Picture this - Its 10 pm in a crowded bus. Even if its a ladies only seat men would be happily sitting on it even if a woman carrying a wailing child enters.Unless asked and pointed at the sign"ladies" they dont make a move.And some are so mean that they start arguing.So imagine with reservation only we have to fight so without it some times we dont stand a chance.But to truly tell u some people are courteous in such situations too.(reference only to some people)
3)My friend told me it was an insult for a lady to hold the door for a man in certain country.Culture differes. I dont think that rule applies every where.
4)Do u have a problem if a woman stares at u;-)(admiringly)well that depends on the stare.

5) "Weaker sex" is now a days not the right term to use.
- woman.

Rosh said...

Hi.

I checked with couple of 'Gentle'Men and this is what they had to say.

1> Man 1: Scratching his head, Ok! If you say so.
Man 2: Ha Ha!! Was that a joke! I am on ROFLing

2> Man 1: Hey! I give up the seat for the ladies and the elderly. And BTW, If I remember correctly, I have never asked any lady to move from the non-ladies seat!!

Man 2: The root of all this to happen is the differnce between Men and Women that society has instilled in the hearts and minds of all the people. Demanding reservations, I feel is not the right step forward. This reflects that women admit to the notion and thus want some reserved allocation for them.

3> Man 1: No Comments!
Man 2: Guess who created these rules???

4> Man 1: If they can so can I!!! There are so many rules agains eveteasing. Has anyone ever heard about adamteasing??
Man 2: I don't mind.

5> Unanimously: I think you did not read carefully enough ;-) It' written as the "so called 'Weaker' sex"!

- Men