Saturday, August 12, 2006

Kyonki .. Adults bhi kabhi Kids thay


Due to Your's Truly's limited photography skills, he is using an image from the movie "Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2" and the image is Copyright © 2002 Sony Pictures Entertainment.

-----------------------

Talking about kids, have you ever noticed how kids sometimes, knowingly/unknowingly, react to the situation around them? If you hurt them, their immidiate reaction would be to get back at you...
If all around them are happy, they would definitely express their own happiness with the broadest and cutest smiles that you would ever see.
As adults we have been taught to think twice before we speak. But, kids don't act or behave that way. Kids do not think what the results of their actions might be.
They are free.. A freedom, we somtimes wish that we had! (At least I do sometimes!!)
Not caring what the world has to say.... and enjoy life with gay abandon!!!

I wish that once in a while, I could let out the kid in me.

Thought I should narrate some "Funny" some "Not So Funny" encounters with kids that come to my mind now.
I will keep updating the post as and when I remember any other incidents.

Incident 1:
------------
Some years back, there was a small mishap that happened in JamPot.
Note : People from Jamshedpur, loving call their city JamPot
A schoolbus carrying kids from LKG to 2nd Grade had overturned somehow.
Thankfully no one was seriously injured.
There was one kid, who I think was luckiest among the lot. She did not even have a minor bruise.
My aunt(again), a staff nurse was co-ordinating with the other staffs to give some tetanus shots to the injured kids.
This gal, was seeing all her friends getting some shots or medicines.
Do you know what she did next?
She started crying aloud. When the doctors turned her attension to her, she told them that her stomach was aching and that she would require a shot to cure her.
The Doctors knew that she was bluffing and again continued to igrore her, but to their dismay, the weeping only increased.
Finally they has no choice but to give her a shot of "saline" .
One shot and she was perfectly ok!

Incident 2:
------------
I remember another incident when I declined to go out to play with my niece.
Note : She was 5.5 yrs old at that time.

I was expecting an important phone call.
The call was to notify if I were lucky to be assigned a project at very famous company.
After waiting for a hour or so, I got bored and started watching television.

Into 5 minutes of watching tv, I heard my niece talk to some one that I was not currently available.And that he should call me later. That's when I realized what she had just done.

She had vent out her anger at me by making me wait further for the results.
Never again was I to anger her!!!

Incident 3:
------------
We were watching
"Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold" at her house. My Aunt (again!!!) had invited some of her friends to her house, that same evening.
Before they were to come, my aunt adviced my niece to take bath and get dressed.
But, you know how kids loathe taking bath!!!
Even I hate it sometimes ;¬) More so in freezing winter!

My nice decided to give her mom a tough time. Finally forcibly she was made to take bath!
Moms always WIN!!

The guests arrived and I was glad that even my niece was on her best of behaviours.
It was at that particular moment that "Richard Chamberlain" decided to kiss "Sharon Stone".... Why did it have to happen
this very instant?

My niece giggled aloud!
All attension was now focussed on her.
"That's what Dad does to Mom during the night!!"

I spoke to myself: "What the F***!!! That's a low blow!!! Definite a low blow!!! But it may be an unintentional one!! "
My aunt, being a typical desi wife, blushed... then recomposed herself and gave my niece a nice "twack!!!"


Incident 4:
------------
While on a trip to Scotland, I stayed at one of my friend's place.
It was there that we made friends with his nephew "Cal", an awesome dude.
To know his age you have to click the link on his name ;-)
I remember, how initailly he was too shy to come near us, but then later we became good friends.
And when we were leaving their house, the moment we got into the cab, he started crying?
How did he know we were leaving?
No one told him???
----------------------

Somewhere within us there is a kid still hidden... A kid who is instinctive ... rash ... stubborn ... free!!!
Maybe some people would say that they have left their childishness long back!!!
but, I totally disagree because of my personal experiences!
Kyonki .. Hum sabhi bhi kabhi bachche thay!!
Have a great day!

P.S>
Even though there is a kid inside all of us we need to remember to tame that kid! Please note : Do not cage it altogether...
But have him on a leash... We don't want the kid to take control! ;¬)


No comments: