Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Joys and Sorrows of a Desi living in a Shared Accomodation in London


When I first came to London, I was really unsure about my life here.... I was not sure if I would be able to withstand the winter.... and more than that my lonliness...

I was not certain about anything in my life at that moment.... Would I be able to make new friends here? Will there be anything bright and beautiful in the almost gloomy life of mine?
Well, by the grace of God, Life has been just perfect...
Have met some great people.... made a lot of friends... have managed to land up with amazing roommates...
No one can ask for more.....
We have rented out a beautiful apartment in one of the residential complexes. It's really a beautiful accomodation. But sharing a flat with other people comes with its own set of boons and banes.. Let me list down a few of them.

Pros :
1. You just have to cut the onions and tomatoes and wait at the dining table. Rest everything is completed by your benevolent flatmates!

2. When you go out for groceries, you have many hands to carry the stuff to home.
3. When you feel lonely, you can just barge into other's room and talk to your heart's content. (Whether they actually listen is another matter altogether!)
4. Need to play Cricket or Football, all you need to do is to whistle ... and lo!!! you have a team of 4-5 ready!
5. When you buy a new TV or a satellite receiver, you have 3-4 other people to share the expenses.

Cons :
1. When you have a personal call to make... (A REALLY personal call), the only place that you are left undisturbed is the restroom ;¬(
2. You want to watch Friends, but your roomies veto it out and watch "Big Brother" instead!!
3. More people More mess!!! More shoppers so more unnecessary stuff at home !!
4. When you URGENTLY have to go( you know where ), there will already be someone else inside.

5. When someone buys and new gadget, that you very rarely use or (Do not absolutely need), you still have to share the expenses.

Have a great day!!


2 comments:

Akshatha Shetty said...

Hey, How about ghar ki safayi?? :) or you don do it at al??

Rosh said...

Yup Akshu,

I missed that very important point.
I mentioned that "More People More Mess!!"..
And on the counter I should have said... "More People More Cleaners ;-)"
we definitely do the "ghar ki safai"... but its on a "Weakly"( spelling mistake intended ;¬) basis!
ha ha