Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thoda sa roomani ho jayein...

Today I was going through some snaps taken during a party at a friend's few weeks back. I recalled a song that one of my mates had sung that night, in a bout of drunken frenzy, but with so much passion that all of us stared at him in awe.
"Raah mein unse mulaqat ho gayi... Jisse darte they wahi baat ho gayi" from a Ajay-tabu starrer Vijaypath.
Now talking about romantic songs, I too have some favourites.

1> "Everything I do, I do it for you." OST Robinhood: Prince of Thieves, concocted in a soul-stirring melody by Bryan Adams, a mastermind behind other romantic hits like "Please forgive me" so on and so forth..

2> "Kahe sataye..kahe rulaye...Raam kare tujhko neend na aaye" OST Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak. A young and vibrant, Juhi and a handsome charmer, Aamir .. sure recipie for success. I almost fell in love with Juhi when I watched this song on screen for the first time.

3> "Leaving on a jet plane" by John Denver. There was pain in this song... pain of leaving his girlfriend...pride(patriotism) of fighting for war for country.... and more than that... hope of returning back to his beloved. Everything was captured to perfection in this song.

4> "Jab kisi se dil" OST Pyar To Hona Hi Tha. There is something about Kajol and Ajay, a mysterious chemistry that never could be captured with the lenses. All of their movies tried it in vain, but it was this one song that won over my heart. Even though it's is cover of the Bryan Adams hit - "Really love a woman", I love it.
I loved the way Ajay tries to shy away from Kajol.. Really Sweet!
"Yeh pyar bhi badi ajeeb cheez hai, Sanjana. Jahaan iqrar ki ummeed ho wahin kehne se darta hai..aur yahaan to inqaar ka poora bharosa hai!"

5> "Na bole tum..na maine kuch kaha! Phir na jaane aisa kyon kaga?
Ke dhoop mein khila hai chand..Din mein raat ho gayi!
Pyar ke kahe suna bhi baat ho gayi". I don't remember the movie but it was the ordinary charm of the spec'tacular Amol Palekar and the charming Tina Munim. That's what an ordinary love song looks like. I loved it.

These are mentioned in no order. there is no way that I can pick up five favourites. These are just the five lovely songs that I remembered tonite.
Another new song also comes to mind... "Jiya dhadak jaye." OST Kalyug. Beatiful song. Earthly lyrics..Great music...Kunal Khemu and the director's sister.

P.S> Well, Who thought that he would ever play the lead actor in a movie? And Boy oh boy! He sure knows how to act?

Later,
TLT

6 comments:

Akshatha Shetty said...

"Jiya Dhadak jaye ... " is an amazing one. I also like the song "Juda hoke bhi, tu mujhe mein kahi baaki hai ... " from Kalyug very much. Atif , one who sang this one, has another good one "Tere bin.." in the album "Bas Ek pal".

Life Lover said...

I remember watching QSQT as a kid and not really understanding much of what was going on in the movie. When I grew up a little, I watched it again, like in my early teens or something, and loved it and yes the song is fab too.

Life Lover said...

You've been tagged!

Rosh said...

~ Hi Akshu.
I agree that these songs by Atif are good. But the problem is that most of the the Pakistani Pop singers sound alike. The Pakistani song I like the most is "Sarki hai ye pahad.. Dariyaon ki gehraiyon mein tujhe dhoondha hai..." by Strings.

~Hi LL.
QSQT was amazing. Even though I hate mushy romantic movies, this one got me hooked on.
And about your tab... I am enjoing working on it ;)

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I about the brief should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Again a good post. Offer your friend