Friday, January 19, 2007

Thank You All!


Everything is decided! Finally I am heading back to India. I don't know what I feel? I always thought that I would be happy to go back to India. I don't feel that happiness. And I am not sad also! Actually I don't feel anything at all. I really don't know why!!

My colleagues gave me a farewell party today! Maybe it is a relief for them that I am leaving... Or maybe they can't let anyone go without a send-off? Or Maybe as they said they will geniunely miss me ( Duh! That was way over the top I know! ;-) Who is going to miss me??)

Ahem. All right, guys! It was a great evening! Thanks for the wonderful parting gift! I know that somewhere down the line I will remember each and everyone of you.

There are a few things that I will miss when I leave UK. The points enlisted below are not in any particulal order.

1> Cold wind blowing against my face
2> Evening rounds of TT with Sumeet
3> Guinness Irish Beer
4> Fish and Chips
5> Sky TV Subsciption
6> British Countryside
7> English Summer
8> Friends here! (But on the other hand, I will be going back to some!)
9> Lying all wrapped inside my 14 Tog Duvet ;-)

Also before signing off, I need to read out some thank you notes.

Thank you Amar/Debo for being good mentors.
Thank you Patro/Guru for trusting in my abilities.
Thank you Sumeet for being a good friend and an even better partner in TT.
Thank you Kanchan for being such a good stress-buster. I always feel good after our chat sessions.
Thank you Subba for being my Idol. I would love to be as technically sound as you some day.
Thank you Karan for being a such an irritating friend. I like the way you carry yourself, but simply hate the sarcasm in your voice sometimes. I will miss you.
Thank you Dimitre for being such a good analyst. You have been so approachable. Thank you again.
Thank you offshore team for staying so helpful and enthusiastic about everything. We owe the project success to you guys.
Thank you Gagan, Atul, Diptesh, Rachit for being good roommates.
Thank you Subharna/Sumeet and Nagu/Venky for being such wonderful hosts. I know it takes a lot of courage to endure me.
Thank you everyone whom I may have missed! I could have taken more names but being a lazy person as I am; I will ,with all my heart, thank "Everyone" with this one note.

Have a good day!
And thanks you again friends!

Cheers,
TLT

5 comments:

Priyankari said...

Great that u r coming back to ur motherland! Welcome back!
And the feeling you r passing through now is quite normal, I too am facing it, when I got a job I had been awaiting and now am on the verge of changing my current job, I now feel neither happy nor sad, it's a strange feeling. I guess it's coz the happiness of the future is being equalled and so cancelled by the sad thoughts of leaving good friends and all the happiness in which we dwelled so far...I hope to get over it someday and I hope you'll get over it too, once u r in India, among old friends and loved ones...So cheer up! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank U ... Thank U...
Infact I feel the same way... And we are genuinely going to miss u trust me.......

All the very best buddy.......
:)

Akshatha Shetty said...

Heyy...finally!! Have a safe trip.

Gagan said...

hi Rosh,

here's a copyrighted saying dedicated for ur blog...

bad things are the first to be seen,
good things may go unseen,
but great things will forever stay... and I bet ur blog will.

have a nice time back home n best wishes to u n ur family from 61 Abbotts Wharf.

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, that's good to hear.
Mail me your number when you get here :) .