Monday, June 12, 2006

Shadows in the dark!!!!

The light was dim…but it was not exactly dark…I steered clear of the line of cars and jeeps whose silhouettes gave me shivers….
There was nothing wrong with road…I tread on it every day and night…
But there was something about that night….
Was it the dead calm of the night, interspersed with the shrill cry of the cricket…I don’t know…

I tried to think about something beautiful to take my mind off those horrid thoughts that were creeping through my mind…
Will I ever reach my room? It would still take 10 minutes if I walk at a steady pace…
That was the first time I realized its presence…The thought itself gave me goose bumps…
I gasp…Should I turn around? What if that would be the last thing I ever see…

I walked faster…
I could still feel its presence…..To hell with it!!!! I look over my shoulder…

Nothing!!! Just void!!!!

Two more blocks and then I will be in the safety of my room….
I tread even faster…almost start running…

That’s when I saw it first…..It started out small and black…then into a looming, large entity…
Is someone or something really behind me??

I turn back once again … Nothing…
I run faster…

It follows…Sometimes it hides...and sometimes I can see its large presence…following me…
The faster I run … the faster it follows me…

Is it gaining on me? The though nearly scares me to death….

The entity never seemed to get tired….I kept following me tirelessly….

I close my eyes and ran……ran really hard…till I bumped into something huge….

“Hey Mate. You seem to be in a rush!!!” Was that Toby’s voice? Was I dreaming?

I opened my eyes and I realized that I was right in front of my house…..and that my landlord was staring at me astonished…

“Good Night Toby”, I said and hurried into my room….

No comments: