Thursday, March 08, 2007

No Men's Day!!!


Today is a special day! A day that is supposed to spread cheer and glad tidings among all the Venus dwellers. Yes! On 8th of March, year after year, International Women's Day is celebrated globally.
Reason quoted: "connecting all women around the world and inspiring them to achieve their full potential".
What about Men??? Don't men need to connect? Well I suppose we are already connected that's why there is no need of a celebration for us!
But lads! Don't be disheartened. You will get your share of a day soon. You may just have to wait for another 17 years and 20 days.
I understand that you are puzzled! How could some one predict future and that too stating such precise date?
Well, if Nostradamus could then why couldn't the street astrologer who beckoned me yesterday? He and his sidekick - The Parrot predicted that after 17 years and 21 days I would be appointed the Prime Minister of India.
He read the shock on my face and with a twinkle in his eye he repeated: "Yes! You will become the Prime Minister.. Probably the youngest!"
I have thought long and hard yesterday about this. The first things that I am gonna do is to revoke all reservations given to the galz! When the galz say they wanted to be treated as equal, it is our moral obligation that we agree to it.

- No "Aap Pehle"
- No opening the car door and waiting for you to walk "thumak - thumak" slowly and be seated.
- No separate ladies queue
- No bus or train seats for ladies separately!!

Some people might think this is foolish. It will only give rise to the number of eve teasing complaints against women. Don't worry ladies! I have a plan to stop this. Eve teasing will no longer be a minor offense. It will be treated as a non bailable offense with a maximum prison sentence to be 10 years of hard labour.
The only thing I am worried about is that we may have to lock up a quarter of India's male population.

March 28th, 2024 this bill will be passed and I shall declare it as Men's Day! Why shouldn't we have a day to celebrate our rights? We should and we will!

Yours sincerely,
Future Prime Minister.
TLT

;-)

8 comments:

Rai said...

No opening the car door and waiting for you to walk "thumak - thumak" slowly and be seated.

LOL:-) Ok. Granted. But someone told me that lads go ga-ga over this "thumak-thumak" gait. Was I informed wrong?

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha... CONRATS IN ADVANCE.......

Sumana said...

he he he...

It would be good to have gone to the same college as the Indian PrimeMinister!

but why Men's day then (if I think in the lines of 'why womens day')

Just read a few of your posts, good ones!

cheers!
Sumana

Payal said...

great going :)
well I wish too be a prime minister one day ;-)

Priyankari said...

Men's Day! When they'll still be thinking about women! Victory over them or a successful equaliser is a diferent issue. LOLz...

Anonymous said...

YES Prime Minister!!
Mez day! Sure;-)
Looks like too much of influence from the london series;-)

well I had a question:U wanna have Mez day only to counter womanz day
or just to celebrate manhood!!(huh sounds bit different na;-);-))

Rosh said...

#Rai : Ur right! Guys go crazy over the TT gait :D

#Anon : Thanks

#Sumana : Hey. Howz you? Men's Day is just to celebrate Manhood as Women's dayto celebrate Womanhood ;-)
Equality you see.
And BTW, thanks for visiting my blog.

#Payal : Best of Luck! But you are going to have a stiff competition. :D

#Priyankari : Men don't think about women!!!
P.S> And I know, we guys are not convincing liars.

#Anon : You bet it sounds different! Celebrating Manhood! sounds good. I will remember to put that in my bill :D

Gokul Padoor said...

see www.mensday.in