Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Walk - Part One

Aug 27th 2006

7:35 a.m:
I woke up to the buzzzzz of the big radio clock on the nightstand. What a wonderful day!
Yes. That's the first thing that I said to myself.
Got out of my bed... walked over to the window... pulled the drapes away... and witnessed the most beautiful morning in a very long time.

7:40 a.m:
"Hey buddy, We are getting late for breakfast!", I shouted at "X" who still sleeping. He jumped up at once, as if he had seen a nightmare. "Chalo. Get ready." I said.

7:45 a.m:
Took my toothbrush and walked over to bathroom. It was one of the best bathrooms I have been to. I don't know how to compare it.
Let's see. For the benefit of all my female audience. It was equivalent to the best dress that you have seen at Harrods.
Or, for the guys this was more pleasing than witnessing the best game of Football or Cricket.
I bolted the door, and looked at the beauty of the place for some time, before I £$$$$%^&*(($%^& It's all CENSORED %&*(("£$%"£$%% :-0

8:03 a.m:
Fresh as a daisy, I stepped out of the bathroom. As soon as I came out, "X" sprinted towards the bathroom, beating the elderly next door neighbour, by almost a metre. When he bolted the door from inside, I saw the poor old man frown, disapprovingly shaking his head, and then walk back into his room.

"Y" had got ready much before me. "Chalo let's start for breakfast. X will join us later", Y told me.

8:10 a.m:
"Good morning Martha. Hi Paul!", I greeted my hosts before moving towards the dining table.
"How are you boys doing today? Please help yourself with the cereals." said Martha.

8:18 a.m:
After a huge round of cereal hogging, we were served hash browns and vegetarian sausages, we had requested, without any peas, beans, roast mushrooms or tomatoes.

8:20 a.m:
"X" joined us. After our breakfast, we rushed back to our room and carried all our luggage out.
We thanked Paul and Martha for their hospitality.

8:30 a.m:
Your's Truly plays the guide. We had downloaded a
walk map online, that promised to show us the entire township of Buxton.
Our first bus to our final pitstop, "Ashford-In The Water", was supposed to leave at 9:55 from Buxton.

9:56 a.m:
And due to our lousy estimate of time, we had to run at the last moment to catch it. I think the Peak District is only meant for the retired,
coz I did not see any young gun there. Even, the bus we boarded was packed with people over 50.

10:13 a.m:
"That's our stop" said I. Y, looked at the old quiet village, and asked if we wanted to change our plans?
"Do you want to get down here? Or we can go further to
Bakewell.".
Fatty got excited at the thought of Bakewell tart/Pie/Pudding and tried to convince myself and others that its better we skip our Ashford trip for Bakewell.
But, Yours Truly, rose to the occasion, wore his backpack and moved towards the exit.

10:14 a.m:
"This village looks deserted!" said Y. "I think we should have gone to Bakewell instead".
Fatty gave us that, "You did not listen to me" look.
"Guys, lets give this a try. We have this 6 mile walk trail. Let's see if this is any interesting and then we will decide on further plans.
said I.



To be continued...... ;-)

No comments: