Thursday, May 03, 2007

Rewind....


These days Rai is inspiring a lot of my posts. I was going through her Orkut album and I was so happy to see her in those cute pics with her baba and maa.
That's when I started thinking about my childhood. I know had a happy childhood, but I can't recollect my experiences. It is as if my childhood never existed!!!!
I don't have many pics to boast of. Just a select few which are very dear to me. I know that, in those days, having a camera was considered 'ways of the rich'.
Not many people owned cameras of their own, at least not in the parts where I belong.
My roots take me to a small village, 'Bethanymala', atop a hill. It translates to Bethany Mountain. It is a very beautiful place which, in those days, hosted just a handful of residents. A beautiful stream.... An amazing waterfall..... Awesome views of the valley.... Rich green canopy.... what else would you want from a hometown.
But this is deviating from the topic. All these recollections of the grandeur of the place is primarily because of my more recent visits. To be frank, I don't remember my early childhood... I don't even remember most of my schooldays. I am really jealous of some of my friends who boast of having crystal clear memory of their childhood.

On later thoughts, I think that I have a selective memory. I remember few buddies from my 2nd and 3rd grade. I remember some of my teachers I very well remember my principal.
That's it!!!! It is as if someone has broken into my brain and erased a part of it. I want to get it back ... desperately!!!

HELP ME! Puhleez...

TLT

P.S> My project got extended for a week! So one more week in Des Moines ;-)

6 comments:

Cyberkitty said...

I remember most of my childhood, infact I am sad when others don't remember me ! :( .....but it happens.

Priyankari said...

Thanks to memories and a sweet great childhood, I remember it all...it was a seperate world set aside from this big bad world...

Ur hometown description is so picturesque...must have had a lovely time over there...the place seems like a dream...

N ya, you one may forget his school, but never its Principal...:)

Loved ur post...very sweet...brought back all my childhood memories!

Life Lover said...

here's a way to get it back-- search for all your report cards from 1st to 12th grade, stare at your grades, that will surely bring back a lot of memories ;) LOL just kidding, just talking from experience here coz my report cards did bring back a lot of horrifying memories the last time I saw them...about your selective memories of childhood, I think I fall in that category too, I remember a few things vividly while a few things just didn't get registered, I guess the best way is to talk to your parents and tell them to tell you everything about your childhood :)

Rai said...

These days Rai is inspiring a lot of my posts.
Pleasure is all mine :-) Hope to keep on inspiring some more of your posts so that you keep on writing such sweet ones. Hee hee ...

But I am one of those lucky ones who remember too many things of childhood. My brain is full of those vivid memories. And I remember most of my friends and teachers.

@Life Lover
Your idea is a grand one:-)) Search for all your report cards from 1st to 12th grade, stare at your grades, that will surely bring back a lot of memories

@Lonely
You must try this out ... :-))

Anonymous said...

Hey! you know what even I have this same prob. I too can't remember most of my chidhood, just bits here and there. I really feel jealous when my elder sisterspeaks so vividly of our chidhood. I do remember some incidents, people, days, places, but most is blank...guess i too suffer from a selective memory syndrome.

Rosh said...

#Cyberkitty - I a jealous of you!!!

#Priyankari - Thanks for ur appreciation.... And, kerala is indeed beautiful. You should visit sometime.

#LL - Hey there! Long time! Ya report cards do bring me back some memories :-)
I was a nerd back in my schooldays ;-)

#Rai - What can I say! Well you are my muse :-)

#Shakhi - Hi there. I can really relate to you yaar. My sis seems to remember her childhood more vividly than me!!


#